Monday, March 19, 2012

The sole survivor

Firstly I wanna share that I'm graduating this march and it's final.



I'm graduating this march but i'm a bit unsatisfied and frustrated. Why?

I didn't attain my personal goal.


What is my personal goal?

So basically my personal goal is : graduating with an award most likely cum laude because it's the easiest award I can get in our school.

Firstly I want to clarify things , I AM NOT A "GRADES PERSON", a person who's sole purpose of studying because they want to have high grades or a person who is "THIRSTY OF FAME" . It's just that for the first time I set a goal for myself and that goal is being CUM LAUDE in college. Even though I know that It's also my fault because I was a bit slacking when it comes to studying, I'm still a bit sad on the outcome BECAUSE I ONLY LACK .08 to be included in the "SUPER SAIYAN TEAM",  my friends call the group which belongs to the academic achievers. In our circle of group also I was the only one who hadn't got into that. I find myself having a bit of jelousy but don't be mistaken I'm not bitter. I'm even happy  for them and thinks that they really deserve it. It's just that I wished I too was like them. 

The only thing I can "be proud" about is that I'm the sole survivor in our batch who will graduate on time. Out of the 4 Computer Science students, I'm the only one who managed to graduate this march. Maybe that will do...

For those who are saying

  "be thankful because you graduated this year on time"

I'm not saying I'm not happy, honestly I was bursting with joy when I realized that I , FINALLY, is in the final list of graduating this march. It's just that something was missing and that was the goal that I didn't succeeded upon.


Nonetheless , happy graduation to all graduating this march especially my friends :) And congrats to those who have awards..And thank you for all the people who helped me in my journey in my college years. You're hardships, support and help will never be forgotten.


-to be edited .. feeling lazy to finish this post

4 comments:

Mhardstastic said...

anyway nikko, you dont have to get jealous of those people who will receive an award because as you said, being a graduate as a Computer Science student is already an achievement. As we all know, your course is much harder and more difficult than other course and to graduate on time only proves that you are an intelligent, smart, and a responsible student who did his best in school. right? if you can say that you didn't achieved your goal, there are so many opportunities that will come giving you the chance to prove yourself. Honestly, I, myself, is also jealous of you because you graduated as BSCS even though you dont have an award and as you remember, you already passed the AWS exam during our job fair. Only few passed that exam and your one of them. Isn't it an achievement? Anyway, it is already a long post, so congratulations to us and happy graduation! :P

okkin said...

hmmm..all people have their jealousy on others but i dont treat my jealousy as negative. It's a way for me to be motivated to strive more.

Haha you being jealous with me? you kidding me right? haha just jowking.. it's hard to believe. the one im looking up to is jealous of me somehow? Hmm that makes me a bit flattered haha >.<

I'm not really proving myself to others here im proving myself to myself for assessing . im trying to assess if im responsible enough with my personal goals as my basis. since i failed, it just proves that i need improvement. Anyway thanks and congratz ..happy graduation

patricia said...

Let's see... Ako masaya nang gumradweyt. :P Congrats sayo, Nikko. :))) And good luck sa work life mo!

okkin said...

masaya rin ako ate patty.. hmm mdyo nasayang lang.. 0.08 nalang un eh haha.. pero na ka move on na rin ako :) thnx btw :)

" You can call it selfish if you want, But "self " is the center of the universe.. Even giving voluntarily to others is " selfish" in a way because you "get" a good feeling in return..."